1. Foreign students who possess Polish citizenship may be insured by PUMS on the condition that they are not insured by another Polish institution.
To be insured, you must fill out the appropriate form which is available in the Dean’s Office and deliver your Polish Passport and Dowod Osobisty.
The insurance policy includes the cost of basic medical health care and all other medical services, such as diagnostic and laboratory examinations, specialist and hospital treatment.
2. Foreign students who are residing in Poland on the basis of a Temporary Stay Card may take out a personal insurance policy with the Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia (NFZ) by paying a monthly premium of approximately 35 PLN.
According to the new rules in Polish Insurance Law foreign students who do not possess a Polish passport and possess a Temporary Stay Card may be subjected to the voluntary health insurance in Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia (NFZ).
To be insured the student should:
1. Reach a written agreement (umowa) with Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia (NFZ) in their office at 14/15 Piekary Street;
2. Fill out the application form (wniosek), available in the office of NFZ;
3. Fill out the ZUS ZZA form (druk ZUS ZZA) and hand it in to the office of Zaklad Ubezpieczen Spolecznych within 7 days from the day you reach the agreement;
4. Pay the premium fee until the 15th of each month in the approximate amount of 35 PLN using blank ZUS forms in any bank or post office. Make sure you keep the receipts;
5. Pay the premium fee on ZUS forms called “Naleznosci z tytulu skladek” by marking symbol 52 (for health insurance);
6. You can get ZUS forms and pay the monthly premium fee in branches of banks and post offices.
In case of terminating the agreement with NFZ, you are obliged to show the latest payment receipt.
Those who are insured should settle the premium fee on ZUS DRA forms in appropriate ZUS branch offices.
The insurance policy includes: the cost of basic medical health care and all other medical services, such as diagnostic and laboratory examinations, specialist and hospital treatment.
|Web site engine © 2003-2005 Michal Kulon, Diesel Software!||Questions/Comments:|