We are including a map of the city to orient you with the
location of most school buildings. This way you can see prior to starting,
the layout and also which buildings you will be going to. We marked the
buildings with appropriate colors that correspond to a particular year. In
case you want to live on your own and away from the dorm, this will also give
you a sense of where to look for an apartment.
- first year
- second year
- fourth year
1. Eskulap Dorm - majority of the students end up
here in their first year.
2. Medyk and Aspirinka Dorms - located next to each
other and across from Pharmacology and Medical Polish classes.
3. Main Poznan Train station
4. Main Bus Station
5. Collegium Anatomicum - the home of first year
classes like Anatomy, Histology, Physiology, Biochemistry, Embryology,
Sociology, and some Genetics. Second year courses include Pathophysiology
and Law and Ethics. It also includes 4th year Forensics Medicine.
Some 2nd year classes: Biostatistics, Public Health, Epidemiology, Hygiene, and
7. Medical Polish White building on Rokitnicka 5C is where
Medical Polish is held and in back of it is another building where
Pharmacology department is located.
8. General Hospital -
2nd year courses include Pathology, Immunology and
Internal Medicine I. Also held here are 3rd and 4th year clinical rotations
like Surgery, Internal Medicine II (Gastro, Endocrine, Nephro), and
9. Children's / Psychiatric Hospital - 1st year only parts of
Genetics. 2nd year includes Behavior of Science. 3rd year includes
Pediatrics and Psychiatry.
10. Pulmonology Clinical Hospital - Pulmonology 3rd
11. Woman's Hospital - main OB/GYN hospital for 3rd
12. Microbiology Department
13. Collegium Magnus - Home of the School President (
Rektor). It is also a place for Parisitology and parts of Physiology
14. Lung Diseases Hospital - 3rd year rotation in
Cardio-Thoracic Surgery and Hematology
There are other buildings spread
through out the city where you may have classes. However, the ones listed
here are the major ones and most frequently visited by the students.